Small Blade Design Package
Our extensive experience in small blade Aerodynamic Design as well as Structural Design of both small and multi-megawatt blades to IEC, GL and DNV standards makes us the perfect partner for the complete design and analysis of small wind blades.
We offer fixed price packages for the complete aerodynamic and structural design of wind blades up to 200sqm swept area (around 60kW), taking all the guess-work out of the blade design process.
Packages typically include:
- Aerofoil Selection.
- Blade Element Momentum Theory Modelling.
- Rotor and Turbine Performance Prediction.
- Performance and Planform Optimisation.
- Load Calculation to IEC61400-2.
- Root Attachment Design (including Bolt Fatigue Analysis).
- Markov Matrix Computation and Fatigue Analysis to GL2010 for VAWT Blades.
- Blade Section Property Calculation using Specialist In-house Tools.
- Finite Element Modelling and Analysis.
- Laminate Drawings.
- Manufacturing Instructions and Balancing Procedure.
- Support throughout the Certification Process.
Blades may be HAWT or VAWT, stall or pitch controlled, constant or variable speed.